Friday 5 December 2014

OUAT S1E2

So because I found myself with some leisure time, I decided to treat myself to the next episode of Once Upon a Time.  It's been quite a long time since I've watched a show like this that builds on a storyline as the season progress. So I've forgotten how much detail and backstory needs to be packed into the first season to set the scene for all those who are watching. I've also forgotten how much I love it.

Alright. The episode opens with a concise recap of the last episode. Always helpful to see when you aren't binge watching a show.

They've brought up the clock moving again. And apparently not everyone notices, but Henry and Snow White's character (I forget her name...oops) do notice and it looks as though something clicks in their minds.  (I later learn that this is because it's the beginning stages of the curse being broken. Exciting!)

So the mayor/evil queen has her hands on this book, right? And she is taking some time to look through the pages, maybe to see if she remembers something, I don't know. But she comes to the end and some pages are missing!! Naturally she goes to Henry to find out where they are, and Henry is just his sassy little self. She also sees that the clock is moving and appears to be distraught over it.

Also! Apples!! Don't take the apples!!! Sigh. She is trying way to hard to get Emma to leave. All these threats are just getting out of hand.

Flashbacks are my favourite. Okay. So what I'm gathering from this is that the old guy and the mirror know that this is a bad idea. And apparently villains all know each other and are "friends" kinda.  I love this look for Maleficent.  And I'm also jealous of her miniature unicorn. I am a bit disappointed in the graphics during this scene, but I'm a bit spoiled by what we have today.

So the scene with all of them parked around the campfire is a bit strange. I'm not sure who all of these folks are, but I'm pretty sure they aren't pleasant folks. I don't like the fact that she had to kill something for that heart. Apparently she killed a horse? Sad for the horse, but at least it wasn't a human. Wait. Did the curse not work? Okay. That's cool, I guess.

Ugh!! They make it seem like the hot guy is buying her a drink and it turns out it's just the kid. Sigh. But I guess that makes more sense. Even though I do love the hot sheriff. Anyway.

So everyone in the town lives in a haze.  They don't know anything about their past life.  It's such a strange concept you know? Like they all just showed up in this place. Wait. She's talking to her mother. It looks like she understands who she is talking to!!! Too much. Okay.

I'm not a huge fan of this therapist. He seems like he's up to something. No normal therapist would be acting this way about a patient... OH MY GOSH LOOK AT THAT HE IS WORKING WITH THE MAYOR DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB. Whyyyyyyyyy?????

Ooooh. But hello hot sheriff. Coming to arrest Emma on FALSE CHARGES. But I mean what else did I expect coming from the mayor. This is her second time in prison in two episodes. Fabulous.

Ughhhhh. The stupid mayor interrupting the lesson to tell her son what she's done but make it look like Emma is a "con woman". You're dumb. You're the con woman. Get a life. Way to be sassy, little Henry. Way. To. Be. Sassy.

Aww. Here comes Henry with the teacher to bail her out. And it looks like Emma is going to take matters into her own hands.

Oooooh!!! Taking a chainsaw to the tree. I love it. "You're move." This will only end well.

This old guy keeps popping up and talking sense. I really like him. But the evil queen just seems so hopeless. I feel bad for her, but at the same time... I don't.

But okay, this old guy in prison. Rumplestiltskin? He's crazy. But he also seems really important. Oh!! He's the one who "owns the town" in the non-flashback world. Okay. Anyway. So apparently the heart of the horse didn't cut it because there's something or someone she loves more. Well I should hope so.

Hahaha. "No felons" city ordinance. Woman is kicking Emma out of the hotel because the mayor just called to inform her of the law. Lovely.

Oh I just love looking at the sheriff. He's so pretty. And he is also talking sense to the mayor. Which is a major plus. But, Lord, I really hate the mayor. Trying to make nice but secretly turning Henry against Emma. I only have not nice words for her.

Oooh. Another flashback. My fave. I think it's funny how his face just appears in whatever mirror is closest. Oh, the old guy is back. And praise the Lord he is talking sense. Wait. She's talking like she's going to kill him. WAIT. THAT IS HER FATHER. OH MY GOD NO. THIS IS THE PERSON SHE LOVES AND SHE IS GOING TO MURDER HIM FOR HIS HEART SO SHE CAN CAST A CURSE?!?!?! No. Way. I can't. WHY IS SHE APOLOGISING AND SAYING SORRY???? YOU CAN'T BE THAT SORRY.

Okay. So, yes burn the pages. Get on Henry's good side. Try and figure this nonsense out. Because Lord knows it needs to happen. Ugh.

Oh no. Here it comes. She's just throwing her father's heart in the fire like it's almost nothing. WAIT. Her father's name is HENRY. HENRY. THE NAME OF HER SON.

Lord help. Okay. So what I'm gathering from the conversation between the mayor and this guy is that they probably remember more about their past lives than they lead on... Oh, snap. Did this Rumple guy find Henry and bring him to the mayor??? What does he know?!!???!

Ugh. I hate the ending of episodes when there are still so many questions to be answered. But I think it's safe to say that I'm basically obsessed now. I look forward to getting caught up with current episodes before they start happening again.

Until next time.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment