Saturday 29 November 2014

OUAT S1E1

I've done something today.

Instead of going to sleep early since I've been so exhausted from life, I allowed myself to be talked into doing something that I've considered doing for awhile.

I started watching Once Upon A Time.

All of my friends who watch it have told me time and time again that I need to watch it. I kept putting it off, telling them I would watch it when I found the time for it. Well, after a lot of peer pressure from Justin...tonight was the night I started it.

Not only did he talk me into starting the series, Justin also suggested I blog about me watching the episodes. So that's what I'm going to do. I'm not sure on what type of format this will take, whether it be recap and reaction or just mainly reaction. I just don't know. All I know is that my mind was just blown.

If you know me very well, you'll know that Snow White isn't one of my favourite Disney films. So when the show opened with Snow White and the dwarfs and Prince Charming, I was a bit disappointed. But I need to keep reminding myself that this isn't Disney and she doesn't have the annoying voice. Anyway.

I immediately dislike the Evil Queen lady. Which makes sense... You're not typically supposed to like villains.

The whole going back and forth between timelines (I guess that's what you'd call them? Maybe storyline is a better term...) is interesting. Especially with what they're trying to get the audience to realise in sequence. I like it.

The actress playing Emma is one that I enjoy watching. Ever since she was on House, MD, I've enjoyed watching her in things. This kid being her son is a bit weird. As is the fact that she's just getting in a car to take him back to his home. Bit strange.

The guy in the dungeon type place is crazy. I forget who he is. But he cray.

Oh! The kid's shrink's dog. I like him. Justin told me he was Pongo. That excites me greatly. Also Prince Charming cursing (if saying "hell" is considered cursing?) is pretty cool. It's weird to see fairytale characters in that light.

But okay. This sheriff guy (who I was later told is the Huntsman) is SO attractive. I could really get into this show.

So I noticed that the teacher was Snow White before it dawned on me that the mayor is the Evil Queen. Oops.

Pretty sure I got emotional after Snow gave birth. Like her husband is taking their child away when the curse is coming and she won't see her baby for like 28 years. It's crazy.

Side note. The clock doesn't move? I'm sure there's significance to this....

I got really anxious when he put the child in the wardrobe. Infants shouldn't be placed somewhere like that. It's common sense. BUT THEN THAT EVIL CURSE GUY KILLED HIM. Ugh. Not okay.

Now this is when I decided that this kid Henry was kinda okay. I like him. He's snarky while being heartfelt. Justin hates him and says I'll grow tired of him soon. We shall see.

When Emma goes back to the house and chats with the mayor, I come to the realisation that the mayor is a huge bitch. Like crossing over into uncharted territory for a fairytale character. I don't like it but I kinda love it? Also, she knows about the book apparently. Or at least that it's a real thing. Lying *insert expletive here*.

Moving on...

The teacher!!! Snow White!!! In the hospital!!! Prince Charming is there!!! Wahhhhh!!!!!!

I remember texting Justin at this point saying that this was really trippy. I don't recall why, though. But I'm sure it was valid.

Oh, wait. The kid watched the clock move. It like moved when Emma decided to stay for the week. I knew that was important!!!!!

So that was fun. I'm actually really excited to watch the whole show now. It's taking so much willpower to not watch the next episode. Hopefully blogging about each of them will help curb my addiction to binge watching shows. We shall see!

Until next time.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment