Wednesday 10 December 2014

All things come to an end

I always find myself getting incredibly nostalgic when things start to come to an end.

For example, when I found myself nearing the end of my time at Berean, I got all sappy because I was leaving the place I had known for thirteen years. When the Where We Are Tour ended a few months ago, I got very sad and spent a good four hours going though all my photos and videos from my shows.

I know, those are two very different circumstances, but they still provoked the same feelings of nostalgia and those "warm fuzzies".

But I'm approaching a different kind of end. A chapter that I didn't think would end very soon is suddenly getting an abrupt stop.

My time at Bryan College is coming to an end.

Yep. When this semester finishes, so will my tenure at Bryan. And I'm scared as hell.

I wish I could say that I'm leaving because they're giving me a degree. But that isn't the case. I'm essentially dropping out.

As I'm typing this, I'm procrastinating on packing my things to move back home. Oops.

But sometimes you just need to spend a few moments to reflect and allow the thoughts swirling around in your head to find a resting place on the white space of a page or screen.

I don't know exactly what's coming next for me. I have ideas that I want to pursue and ways to be creative and further break out of my introvert shell. But mostly I'll be working, saving money, paying off debt, you know...being an adult. It's going to be an odd transition moving back home. But it's where I feel I need to be as I start this next chapter.

Don't get me wrong. I still think education is important and highly valued. Right now, though, it just isn't for me. It took me awhile to be comfortable with this notion and accept it for myself. But I'm so incredibly happy with my decision now.

I want to share a video that I came across just a little bit ago as I was wasting more time on YouTube. Well, I say wasting time, but it's actually turned out to be a really good thing. It's an inspiring video that I hope speaks to you in some way.


But anyway, back to the feelings of nostalgia...

I know that when I do leave this place, I'll look back on it with fond memories. Yes, some not so fabulous things happened while I was here, but that's life. The good does outweigh the bad. Whenever I think back on Bryan and my time spent here, it will be full of those warm fuzzies.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment