Sunday 22 June 2014

parties, tickets, sitting on houses, and giraffe mugs

Oh, gosh. I haven't written a blog post in forever. The fact that I've been super busy for the past week and a half probably has something to do with it.

I ended up house sitting for two families last week. It was a lot of fun, and I got to spend time with their dogs. :) I forgot how much I missed having a dog around. They're so great. I really want a dog now. Oh, but it was pretty funny. On the first day I was sitting for one family, I went to walk their dog and ended up locking myself out of their house. Oops. Thankfully the neighbors were home and had a spare key. It was a bit stressful going from house to house and also going to work. I missed my bed.

This past weekend was SO much fun. So on Thursday, I got to sleep in my own bed for the first time in a week (which was fabulous). I worked that night with some of my favourite people, so that made it enjoyable. Then Friday morning I worked until noon. As soon as I got off, I came home and got ready to go see Justin for his birthday party. I was super excited to give him his present because I was so proud of it. Haha. I got him these photostrips made from Instagram photos from the trip we went on to London. And then when I was in Target I found a card that had the Queen on it. It was absolutely perfect. Anyway. I drove up to Justin's house. We hung out there for a bit before leaving to go watch this performance of the students of a drama camp he helped to lead. It was really good! I enjoyed watching the different ages put on their little plays. They were so cute. After that we made the drive up to Murfreesboro. We stopped by Subway to grab dinner and a Publix to get some beverages. At the party we had food and drinks and some of Justin's closest friends. We played games and all got quite tipsy (okay...we were pretty drunk). I eventually crashed on the couch. The next morning I woke up and talked a bit with Justin's friend Nate. I had kinda met him a couple of years ago when he went to Bryan. Once Justin got up, we tidied up the apartment before heading to get some food. After lunch, Nate went back home and Justin and I spent some time in Murfreesboro. We checked out a couple of the malls up there. I got two new books (for those wondering, The Maze Runner and House of Cards), a super cute giraffe mug with a baby giraffe inside (eeep!!), and some Hobnobs.

This morning I went to work for a few hours. It was fun. Not overly busy but busy enough to go by quickly.

Oh!!! I did buy my One Direction ticket for Nashville!! It's official! I'm SO excited. I just cannot wait to see them. And this evening I also bought my ticket to see The 1975 in November. Oh, and my best friend's suitemate bought us tickets to see Ed Sheeran in September. I cannot express to you how much I'm looking forward to these coming months.

I'm currently reading An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. It's the last book of his that I have yet to read. (Except for Let It Snow that her wrote with two other people.) I'm enjoying it. I haven't been able to get into it as easily as I've gotten into his other books, but I think that might be because I haven't been able to sit down and read very much. I also let Justin borrow my copy of Paper Towns. I'm excited to see how he likes it. There's just something about recommending a book to someone and then having them love it that warms my heart. :)

My 100 happy days are still going strong! I think I'm 18 days in and haven't missed a day. Woo!!

Okay, it's almost midnight. And I have to be at work in the morning. Tomorrow is the first long shift I've had in quite awhile. Here's hoping it goes by fast. But now it's sleepy time.

xx

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun! Those concerts will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete