Monday 30 June 2014

best friends, good books, and tube socks

So much has happened in the past few days. I'm beginning to lose track of all the excitement.

This past weekend was mini-road trip number two for the month. I was able to drive up to Virginia to see on of my dear friends that I hadn't seen since January. Callie and I met gosh it's probably been almost two years ago. We met through tumblr, of all places. She ran a One Direction blog with one of her friends, and one day I just so happened to stumble upon it. The rest is basically history. Anyway. I woke up Friday morning and had a nice brunch with my friend Jasmine. It was really wonderful to catch up with her for a bit before I headed out. The drive up to Meadowview was nice. It usually takes me about three and half hours to get up there, but traffic decided to be stupid. It basically took me a little over four hours to get to her house. (For the record, being at a standstill on the interstate is not fun...in case you were wondering.) But once I got there, I settled right back into life at her house. She and I were planning to attend a baseball game that evening, but as soon as we got inside Chili's for dinner, the sky opened up and poured rain all over everything. So we went with plan B and saw Think Like A Man Too. It was pretty hilarious. I was laughing a lot. It was kinda an early evening, but both of us were exhausted. Saturday morning we were up and out of her house around ten or so and on our way to Bay Mountain State Park. I think that's what it was called, anyway. We saw bobcats, lots of turtles (around twenty or thirty), several deer, different birds, an otter, a few reptiles, three wolves, AND three wolf puppies. I so wanted to take the puppies home with me. They were so adorable. I envied the folks who worked there and were sitting in the enclosure with them. Oh! And they also had a planetarium, so Callie and I saw a showing about the night sky and the stars and planets we can see from where we were located. It was pretty cool. (Shout out to the nice man at the register who didn't make us pay for it. You're awesome.) After we had had our fun at the park, we went to this place called Beef 'O' Brady's. It was so good. I got the fish and chips. It wasn't England, but it was still delicious. Later that night, we went to her dad's house to babysit for her dad and step-mom. We all played outside for a bit until the rain came. Then we went inside where I read, Callie played on the Xbox, and Luci played with her toys. (It was during this time that my best friend texted me saying she was back in America, but I'll get to that later.) Yesterday morning we were up early for church. Callie had nursery with the two year olds, so I sat in the service by myself. It was nice. Not my style, per say, but still good. After church we made our way back to her house for the World Cup match and lunch. Her mom made burgers and potato salad for us. It was pretty tasty. After watching the Netherlands beat Mexico I packed up all my stuff to head back home. There was a pretty bad storm heading towards Chattanooga, and I wanted to beat it home. Which I did. :) It was so great to see Callie and spend time with her. Definitely a fun weekend.

As I said before, my best friend is now home!! She spent the last six weeks in London (so jealous...). So today I got to spend time with her! Yay!!! It was so great. Michelle and I have been friends since we were like three or something like that. It's been a lot of years that we've known each other. She came over this morning bringing me breakfast and a few spoils from the greatest city in the world. (She brought me a tenth Doctor mug, Tube socks, and Tangfastics. Oh, and a plastic Tesco bag.) We left my house and proceeded to just do what we do best: drive around aimlessly and enjoy each other's company. We met her mom and Moe's for lunch and then attempted to drop off one of their cars to get something fixed, but they were busy and couldn't fix it today. Then we spent some time at Target and got ICEEs. Talk about childhood memories. It was so good to actually be able to spend time with her. Six weeks isn't that long, but it can seem like forever at times.

I leave for the beach in 19 days! I'm so incredibly excited. I've still got a bit to do before I leave...but that's okay. It'll all get done eventually.

This weekend I also finished another book. I read The Maze Runner by James Dashner. To be honest, they only reason I read it is because the movie is coming out soon and Dylan O'Brien is in it. I'm kinda in love with him. But the book was really good. It definitely kept me interested. There were a few parts that were predictable. However, most of the time I found myself on the edge of my seat, constantly wanting to turn the page to find out what happened next. I'll probably finish the series out. I've currently got House of Cards sitting on my bed... I told myself that book was specifically for beach reading. Fingers crossed I actually listen to myself and leave it alone until the beach. Also, Michelle told me about this other book that she thinks I would like. I don't recall the name, but I'm pretty sure she said I could borrow it once she finishes is. Oh, oh, oh!!! Justin finished Paper Towns. He said he liked it. It makes me so happy when people enjoy things that I suggest to them. Whether it's books, music, films, food, etc. I love things work out that way.

Perhaps the most exciting thing that happened this weekend was that when I got home on Sunday, I checked the mail (sometimes my parents forget to check it on weekends) and found my One Direction ticket for Nashville. I opened the mailbox, saw the envelop from Ticketmaster and almost screamed. I proceeded to take the mail to the passenger seat of my car since the door was open (I had been cleaning it out after getting back home). I opened the envelope as quickly and carefully as possible. As soon as I held the (golden) ticket in my hands, I squealed, danced and smiled in the middle of my driveway. Thankfully none of the neighbors were outside. Haha. Oh gosh. I'm so incredibly excited for that show. I was just thinking today that not only is it my first One Direction show but it's also the first concert that I'm going to by myself. It's a little bit daunting and scary, but meh. It's One Direction. I'm going to have the time of my life. I still need to figure out my hair and make up and outfit. But first I want to go to the beach and have fun and shop and all those good things. Get one big even out of the way before I stress over another.

Well that was a long (and potentially boring) update. I promise my life isn't normally this exciting. I have no idea what's going on.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment