Wednesday 7 January 2015

OUAT S1E5

Alright. It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to watch OUAT (and also blog in general) because we are in between internet providers at my house. So I don’t know when this will be posted, but that’s okay.

Justin let me borrow his DVDs of seasons one and two, so before work today I decided to partake in the next episode. It had been awhile since I last watched, so I did a rewatch of the episode previous. Side note: I still can’t believe the mayor and the sheriff are sleeping together.

Episode five! That Still Small Voice. (I’ve decided to start including the episode titles for funsies…and apparently they connect with what’s happening in the fairy tale world.)

I was a bit confused at the beginning because I didn’t know who this was. A small red headed kid stealing from folks who are there to watch a puppet show. Not cool. And then to top it all off, he works for the people who put on the show! Oh, and to make it worse they’re his parents… Great. It’s good to see that he doesn’t like stealing from people. Where did the cricket go?

Right. The therapist. Jiminy Cricket. Same person? We’ll see. So I feel like the fact they mentioned no crickets in Storybrooke is important. Henry can’t come up with a good reason why this is important. Alrighty. So Emma is now a deputy. She doesn’t want to wear the tie, understandable. An earthquake comes as soon as she puts on the deputy badge? Weird. Except it isn’t an earthquake… It was a collapse of some tunnels. Oh ho ho. So even though the mayor is sleeping with the sheriff, she didn’t know Emma was hired as deputy. Amazing. The mayor wants to pull a Parks and Rec and make the sight of the collapsed mine a place for the public to enjoy. Ha. Wait. What is that thing she’s picked up? It seems important… Alright so Henry is seeing Archie, the therapist. And apparently he knows everything. The tunnels are collapsing. Emma is weakening the curse. How did her becoming deputy start all of this? Wait!! He’s Dr. Hopper!! I love it. Ugh. But the mayor, though. She’s just so unhappy with her life and now she’s threatening the therapist. Ugh.

This person’s name is Jiminy. Wait. It’s Archie… The little boy from the beginning! Amazing. So he’s still working with his parents. In the rain. Well, okay. Stopping to listen to the crickets!! Important!!! He’s having a change of heart and he’s going to do something about it!!

So this guy Marco…apparently he’s Gepetto. That’s cool. Alright so Archie is actually doing what the mayor said because she threatened him. I think it’s pretty obvious that he doesn’t believe what he’s saying to Henry. Like he knows something is up.  So now that Charming is no longer in a coma, I love seeing him interact with Mary. They’re literally the cutest thing. But I seriously still dislike the wife. She frustrates and annoys me. And now Henry is upset, Emma is mad, Henry runs away, and Archie knows were to find him. Because being the genius of a child that he is, Henry went to the collapsed tunnel place. Idiot.

Why is there a spinning wheel? Why is Rumple here? How did this kid get involved with this scum? Wait. Is he selling his parents? I don’t understand. How is it that this guy has his hands in everything?

I love Pongo. But I just love dogs. Anyway. These tunnels are weird. Like what are they? Are they remnants of the world from before? I mean, there are pieces that look kinda fancy like they don’t belong in a tunnel. But now Archie goes to try and rescue Henry, Henry thinks Archie doesn’t believe anymore, Archie tries to convince Henry otherwise and go after him, and now they’re both trapped because it collapsed again. Lovely. Henry frustrates me.

So his parents are still alive and kicking, I see. Conning people into giving them things. They’re like sales people? I guess. I can’t believe they’re taking advantage of these poor people. Wait. Why didn’t anything happen to his parents when he put that stuff on them? Oh my gosh. He switched them!! He switched the bottles. You’ve got to be kidding me. What did I expect, though? Sigh. But wait. What happened to the people? No. Way. They’re dolls?? What?! And they have a little boy!! No!!! Oh, this is too much.

Henry is so stubborn. Like I’m glad he doesn’t just give up, but still.  Ooh! They hear Pongo! Yes, go toward the barking!! It’s good that Emma is willing to see reason with the mayor and, you know, work together on something. I still don’t trust the mayor, though. She knows something… They found an elevator! Fancy. Alright, so they’re going to be using explosives to open the tunnel back up. Does that really require everyone in the town? Apparently so. Ugh. Their use of explosives has ruined the plan of the elevator. Sigh. And they explosives didn’t even open the tunnel back up. Dumb. Oh my gosh. I just can’t get over Charming and Mary. I need to remember his name in the real world… Anyway. They’re the cutest thing. So he woke up in a strange land where nothing feels real to him, nothing except Mary!! Be still my heart. That’s adorable. I can’t. Ughhhh. But then the wife shows up and ruins everything. I dislike her. Okay, so take two? Oooh. Yes, the dog can smell Dr. Hopper! He can lead you to the people! An air shaft? Beautiful. Aww. Now Henry is giving the therapy session to Archie. He’s not the man he wants to be. So many parallels to the fairy tale world. I love it. Sigh… Just when it seems like the mayor has a heart, she just acts like an awful human being. Alright. Rescue time. Just gotta get Henry and Archie. Wait. Are they about to kill off Dr. Hopper! No!!!! The thing can’t crash and take him with it. No. No. No. No!!!! Oh. He’s okay. Whew. Minor meltdown over. Alright. Okay. So, I understand a little where the mayor is coming from being protective over Henry, but she doesn’t need to be so rude. Whoa, now. Dr. Archie Hopper is standing up to the mayor. Yes!!! You go, Archie. God bless Dr. Hopper.

Back to fairy tale. He’s making a wish on a star!! Cute. So she can’t bring back the boy’s parents, but he still wants to be able to help him out. Oh my gosh. The crickets. She’s going to turn him into a cricket!!! Jiminy Cricket!!! Oh my gosh. The little boy. It’s Gepetto. Amazing.

Aww!! Archie and Marco. They’re old friends. That warms my heart. Oooh! Crickets!! They’re back! Things are changing in Storybrooke. Ahh! The dolls are in Mr. Gold’s shop. Creepy. Wait! Mary is resigning from the hospital!! No!!! Sad. Okay. What has the mayor just dropped down the air shaft? What is this?? I need to know!!! It seems important!!!!

I really love this show now. I’ve been sucked in, and it won’t let me go. I’ve even got mum into it. We watched the first two episodes before bed last night. She loves it.

Until next time.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment